SPARK at the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) and the Center for Developmental Services invite you to participate in SPARK, the nation’s largest study of autism, on Saturday April 2nd!
29 N Academy Street
Greenville, SC 29601
Saturday April 2, 2022
9:00am – 2:00pm
What is SPARK?
SPARK is a nationwide study that aims to make new discoveries and advance the understanding of autism. By building a community of tens of thousands of individuals with autism and their family members, SPARK will power research for years to come. MUSC is among 31 research sites across the country helping to enroll individuals with autism and their families. Over 28,000 families nationwide are already participating in SPARK!
Who can join?
- Individuals of all ages with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), PDD-NOS, Asperger’s Disorder, or Autism, and their families, are welcome to join.
- Individuals must live in the United States and be able to complete consent forms in English.
What does participating look like?
- Enrollment and saliva collection take about 30 minutes.
- At your appointment, an MUSC SPARK team member will answer your questions and help you through the entire process.
What are the benefits of joining SPARK?
You can play a role in powering autism research for years to come. Some of the benefits to you include:
- Receiving electronic Amazon gift codes, valued up to $50, after SPARK receives the completed saliva kits.
- The possibility of finding a genetic cause of autism in your own family.
- Getting behavioral results from surveys that let you see how you compare to others in SPARK.
- The chance to be invited to other research studies through SPARK Research Match.
- The opportunity to earn additional gift cards for completing surveys.
- Getting updates on the latest autism research through articles on our website, monthly webinars, newsletters and the latest updates on SPARK’s social media platforms.
If you have already registered and need help completing your family’s enrollment or with saliva collection, we invite you to attend as well.
Please contact the MUSC SPARK team with any questions at 843-714-1352 (call or text) or firstname.lastname@example.org.