Project PEERS for ASD & ADHD, ages 13-17: Next Round of Dates TBA
Location: MUSC IOP 5 South, 67 President Street, Charleston, SC
*Note that we are also recruiting males age 14-17 to participate in a research study on Learning Enhancement Through Neurostimulation using the PEERS curriculum. Compensation is available to participants.
Project PEERS is a social skills training program for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and ADHD.
Wondering about admissions criteria? For PEERS …
- Teens must be motivated to attend and want to learn skills in order to make friends
- Teens must be verbal and able to sit and listen to a lesson for approximately 90 minutes
- Teens must be of an average or higher cognitive level
- Teens and parents must be able to commit to the full 14-week program
- One assigned parent or guardian must be able to commit to attending each week to be trained as their teen’s social coach
- Teens must be willing to join an extracurricular activity
- Parents must be willing to have their teen join an extracurricular activity
- Parents must be willing to host get-togethers for their teens and help their teens make phone calls and attend get-togethers with other teens
To schedule an intake, call (843) 792-9162 and request a Project Rex Assessment. Once the intake is complete, contact administrative assistant Lavinia Bowens at (843) 792-0037 to confirm attendance in the group series.
Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early for sign in and registration. This group includes a required, concurrent parent/guardian component.
Medicaid covers the program 100% and most private insurance is accepted. There is a discount for self-pay.
Questions about signing up? Check out our Frequently-Asked Questions page.