Project PEERS is running for Winter/Spring 2020. Please check the calendar for full scheduling details.
Project PEERS is a social skills training program for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and ADHD.
Wondering about admissions criteria? For PEERS …
- Teens must be motivated to attend and want to learn skills in order to make friends
- Teens must be verbal and able to sit and listen to a lesson for approximately 90 minutes
- Teens must be of an average or higher cognitive level
- Teens and parents must be able to commit to the full 14-week program
- One assigned parent or guardian must be able to commit to attending each week to be trained as their teen’s social coach
- Teens must be willing to join an extracurricular activity
- Parents must be willing to have their teen join an extracurricular activity
- Parents must be willing to host get-togethers for their teens and help their teens make phone calls and attend get-togethers with other teens
To schedule an intake, call (843) 792-9162 and request a Project Rex Assessment. Once the intake is complete, contact administrative assistant Lavinia Bowens at (843) 792-0037 to confirm attendance in the group series.
Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early for sign in and registration. This group includes a required, concurrent parent/guardian component.
At this time, we are temporarily unable to accept Medicaid for group services. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work closely with South Carolina Medicaid to get Project Rex services covered. Project Rex is committed to serving patients with all insurance types. We also offer a self-pay option for groups. Please call Lavinia Bowens at 843-792-4113 for information about rates.
Interested patients and family must commit to being able to attend each group session. We can no longer allow patients and family members to join the group after the first week. We ask if you know you cannot commit to the full 14 week series to instead consider attending a future round of the program. Thanks for your continued support and cooperation as we work with all insurances to ensure that our programs remains available to all children.
Questions about signing up? Check out our Frequently-Asked Questions page.