Today’s the day – registration is now open for our Spring 2017 Rex Groups! We’re offering two social skills Groups this time around: School-Age and Pre-Teen/Teen.
Some important registration notes:
- Groups are run on a first-come, first-served basis, so don’t wait to register!
- Registering as soon as possible helps us to make informed decisions about whether to run Groups as scheduled.
- Intake meetings are required for all Groups. To schedule an intake, call (843) 792-0037 during normal business hours or leave a message for Lavinia Bowens, our Project Rex Administrative Assistant.
- If you’ve already completed an intake, you still need to call to confirm attendance in the Group series. Again, call (843) 792-0037 to speak with Lavinia Bowens.
And now, on to our new Groups!
School-Age Group (ages 5-9): Meets Tuesdays from 2-3pm; 8 week session runs Tuesday, May 2 – Tuesday, June 20, 2017
Pre-Teen/Teen Group (ages 10-15): Meets Wednesdays from 9-10am; 8-week session runs Wednesday, May 3 – Wednesday, June 21, 2017
General How to Register for Groups Flyer
Help us get the word out to others in the Charleston-area autism community! Download and print hi-res PDFs and distribute them to friends, schools, doctors, churches, community centers, and more.
- PDF of the current School-Age Group flyer
- PDF of the current Pre-Teen/Teen Group flyer
- PDF of the general School-Age Group flyer (dates not specified)
- PDF of the general Pre-Teen Group flyer (dates not specified)
- PDF of the general How to Register flyer
We look forward to seeing you at Group!
~ The Project Rex team
Where is the REX for 17-year-olds?
Hi Patricia! We aren’t offering a PEERS or Adult Rex this time around, so stay tuned for fall Group offerings. That said, we’re planning to do some free summer Hangouts between Group sessions. We’ll be sure to post as dates are confirmed!
We would love to participate but my son will still be in school that time frame. Are these the only hours available for this project?
hi Jackie! Thank you for letting us know; alas, these are the only times that currently correspond with our room and clinician availability. We’ve heard from several families that later times are better and we appreciate the feedback. If there’s any way you could attend, give us a call at (843) 792-0037.
We’re also hoping to provide free summer Hangouts in the mid-to-late afternoon time frame, so stay tuned for a formal announcement on those.