Project PEERS will be running for Fall of 2022. The group will meet Thursdays from 4:00PM – 5:30PM beginning September 8th and continuing through December 15th. (No meeting 11/24.) A mandatory parent group will meet concurrently in a separate room. Proof COVID-19 vaccination is not required. Masks are optional.
Project PEERS is a social skills training program for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and ADHD.
Wondering about admissions criteria? For PEERS …
- Teens must be motivated to attend and want to learn skills in order to make friends
- Teens must be verbal and able to sit and listen to a lesson for approximately 90 minutes
- Teens must be of an average or higher cognitive level
- Teens and parents must be able to commit to the full 14-week program
- One assigned parent or guardian must be able to commit to attending each week to be trained as their teen’s social coach
- Teens must be willing to join an extracurricular activity
- Parents must be willing to have their teen join an extracurricular activity
- Parents must be willing to host get-togethers for their teens and help their teens make phone calls and attend get-togethers with other teens
To schedule an intake, call Courtney at 843-792-4113 and request a Project Rex Assessment. Once the intake is complete, again contact Courtney at 843-792-4113 to confirm attendance in the group series.
Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early for sign in and registration. This group includes a required, concurrent parent/guardian component.
Interested patients and family must commit to being able to attend each group session. We can no longer allow patients and family members to join the group after the first week. We ask if you know you cannot commit to the full 14 week series to instead consider attending a future round of the program. Thanks for your continued support and cooperation as we work with all insurances to ensure that our programs remain available to all children.
Questions about signing up? Check out our Frequently-Asked Questions page.